Choosing the best laundry detergent seems simple enough…until you see the mind-numbing amount of options available today. Should you opt for standard detergent, high efficiency detergent, or perhaps a new product like a laundry sheet? Ask ten people or go on ten different websites and you are liable to see ten different “best” laundry detergent options. So what is the truth? While there is no definitively best answer, we believe that there is a strong case to be made for non-liquid laundry detergents for efficiency, effectiveness, eco-friendliness, and cost savings.
With all of this in mind, today we will explore the differences between liquid and non-liquid detergents, give some common examples of non-liquid detergents, discuss four (4) benefits of non-liquid laundry detergent, and finally review how you can make the best choice for your individual needs!
Understanding Liquid vs. Non-Liquid Laundry Detergents
The old debate of what laundry detergent to use stemmed on a simple choice: liquid detergent or powder detergent? Even now, many articles will discuss the merits of powder vs. liquid detergents as a simple one-to-one ratio. While powders do in fact come with their own set of headaches, we now think of this conversation as liquid vs. non-liquid detergents.
Non-liquid detergents are no longer relegated to simple powders. As we will discuss in detail below, non-liquid laundry detergents might include powders, laundry sheets, single-use detergents, and much more. The key difference between liquid and non-liquid laundry detergents is obvious: one is water-based while the other is not. The benefits and drawbacks of each are a bit more complex.
What are Examples of Non-Liquid Detergents?
So what are some commonly used non-liquid detergents?
- Powder laundry detergent: the most common non-liquid detergent remains powder detergent. Advantages of powder laundry detergent stem from its high efficiency and its longer shelf life. The potential downside of powder detergent is when the powder does not fully dissolve, leaving an unpleasant residue which can impact your clothing and your washing machine.
- Washing machine pods: okay, this one is cheating a bit. Detergent pods such as the now infamous Detergent Pods from major brands do in fact contain liquid, just not very much. These are more efficient than traditional liquid detergent and come with the guarantee that you are using the correct amount. Still, single-use pods do waste some materials and are not as efficient as our final entry…
- Laundry sheets: last but not least is the newest player in the non-liquid detergent game: laundry sheets. High efficiency laundry sheets are eco-friendly, save water, are highly effective, and leave no residue.
4 Key Benefits of Choosing a Non-Liquid Laundry Detergent
Now that we understand a bit about liquid and non-liquid detergents, what benefits do non-liquid detergents offer so that you can choose the best detergent for yourself and your family?
- Non-liquid detergent is more efficient. Why use laundry detergent with water when your washing machine pumps gallons of water regardless? By skipping the water, non-liquid detergent saves money in production, transport, and storage.
- Laundry sheets are extremely eco-friendly. Not only do Sheets Laundry Club laundry sheets contain no plastics, chemicals, or toxins, but their extremely lightweight packaging and minimal waste are ideal for the environmentally conscious consumer.
- Non-liquid laundry detergents last longer. By their nature, dry products have a longer shelf life than liquid products, including laundry detergents.
- Non-liquid detergents are easier to measure. Laundry sheets, pods, and powders are all easier to measure (or require zero measurement) compared to liquid detergents.
Choosing the Best Laundry Detergent for You
This brings us back to the question posed in the introduction: how can you go about choosing the best laundry detergent for your needs? Again, the simple truth is that the correct answer for your family might differ from the correct answer for another. Yet there are a few high level truths that remain constant which might make your decision easier!
Liquid detergents are more expensive per load, less efficient, and less environmentally friendly. Modern, non-liquid detergent solutions such as laundry sheets are high efficiency options that save water, save money, and are safe for the environment. Laundry sheets from Sheets Laundry Club also use natural ingredients and packaging for a guilt-free experience.
Laundry Sheets from Sheets Laundry Club Save Water, Time, and Money!
We understand that when it comes to laundry detergent, most folks reach for whatever their parents bought, or whatever they have gotten used to over the years. And who could blame them? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! Yet when it comes to laundry detergents, your childhood brand might no longer be the best option. Sheets Laundry Club is proud to introduce a new idea to the laundry game: laundry sheets. Our laundry sheets are effective, all-natural, efficient, and environmentally friendly. Best of all, they are easy to use. Simply throw in a single sheet and turn on the washer.
To learn more about Sheets Laundry Club revolutionary laundry sheets, feel free to read our FAQ section, get started today, or explore our family of products. We are confident that once you give laundry sheets a try, you will waive your old detergents goodbye!